Fringe Questions Answered
first, you need to commit these festival policies to memory
NO FRINGE BUTTON = NO SHOW ENTRY (unless you’re 12 years old or under)
NO LATE ENTRY to shows (NO exceptions)
NO REFUNDS are given for any reason other than show cancellation. If you have purchased a ticket and are experiencing COVID symptoms, please contact the Box Office to discuss your options.
NO TICKET EXCHANGES made (NO exceptions)
5 Minute Rule – ticket sales for all performances will end five (5) minutes prior to the performance start time. We highly recommend purchasing tickets for shows as soon as possible to avoid any potential sell-outs.
No outside food or beverages are allowed inside any venue
Alcoholic beverages purchased within the lawn may not leave the fenced lawn area. Alcoholic beverages from outside the lawn may not be brought onto the lawn.
No food or drink is allowed inside the Green and Silver Venues at ORLANDO REP or the Gold Venue at ORLANDO MUSEUM OF ART.
Beverages ARE allowed in the Lowndes Shakespeare Center venue (Blue, Orange, Pink, Brown, and Yellow) and the Renaissance Theatre (Purple and Teal).
Beverages ARE allowed and sold at all three BYOV (Bring Your Own Venue) locations.
next, let's talk show policies
All Fringe shows start on time and once the doors are closed, NO entry is allowed. (NO exceptions)
Please give yourself plenty of time to get to your shows. Lines can be long, so buying your tickets online in advance is strongly suggested and encouraged! PLEASE MAKE SURE TO PLAN AHEAD FOR PARKING.
There is NO RE-ENTRY to the venue if you leave during a show. (NO exceptions)
If a show runs over its allotted time, it will be cut off. We are on a tight schedule with the large number of shows in the festival. Please understand this is rare, but may happen.
No unapproved photography or video recording of any kind is allowed in any venue.
Please silence all electronic devices by setting them to vibrate or powering them off while in any venue – no texting, selfies, check-in’s or anything other than enjoying the show.
okay, it's time for fqa: fringe questions answered
- You can enter the Fringe grounds for free! You can explore Visual Fringe, the Outdoor Stage, the Shakes Courtyard, and the Lawn for free!
- To see a show, you need two things: a $10 reusable Fringe button and a show ticket (ranging from free to $15)
- Cash, check, and credit cards are accepted as donations and we will thank you, very much.
- Cash and credit cards are accepted for show tickets.
- Cash is accepted for buttons when purchasing them at any of our information tables. You can buy a button with a credit card at any of our festival box office locations.
- Cash and credit cards are accepted at our Beer and Booze Tents.
- An ATM is available on the lawn (next to the Beer Tent) and inside the upper lobby of the Lowndes Shakespeare Center for your convenience.
- There is a ticket surcharge for each ticket purchased, regardless of the payment type (this money goes to the ticketing company, not Fringe) at the Festival Box Office OR online.
- The Main Box Office is located in the lower lobby of the Lowndes Shakespeare Center directly across from the ORANGE VENUE. It is open weekdays starting one hour prior to the first performance until the start of the last performance and weekends from 10:30 AM until the start of the last performance.
- The REP Box Office is located in the upper-lobby directly across from the SILVER VENUE. It is open on weekdays starting one hour prior to the first performance until the start of the last performance in the GREEN or SILVER VENUE and weekends from 12:00 PM until the start of the last performance in the GREEN or SILVER VENUE.The Festival Grounds open on weekdays at 5 PM and close at Midnight. On weekends, the festival grounds open at noon and close at 1 AM. (Kids Fringe opens at 10am on the weekends)
- The Renaissance Theatre Company Box Office is located at the entrance of the building and contains the PURPLE and TEAL VENUE. It is open on weekdays starting one hour prior to the first performance until the start of the last performance in the PURPLE or TEAL VENUE and weekends from 12:00 PM until the start of the last performance in the PURPLE or TEAL VENUE.
- The Beer & Booze Tent opens on weeknights at 6 PM and closes at Midnight. On weekends, it opens at Noon and closes at 1 AM.
- Food Vendors on the Lawn are open on weeknights from 5 PM until Midnight and on weekends from 12 PM until Midnight.
- The Club Fringe Lounge is open weekdays from 5 PM – 10 PM and weekends 11 AM – 10 PM
- Kids Fringe is open on Saturdays and Sundays durning the Festival from 10 AM until 2 PM.
We return 100% of all ticket money to the performing artists. The buttons, which are a one-time purchase, cover our operating costs such as theatre rentals, equipment, supplies, lighting, this very website, and more. The button is also a badge of honor. Wear it proudly to show that you support the creativity and freedom that comes with Fringe.
First of all, don’t stress it. Read this website and check out the show descriptions on this site. Pick the ones that sound good to you. You can also talk to the artists. Talk to people in line. Talk to someone while enjoying a beer at the beer tent. Check out the show posters. Read the show reviews in Orlando newspapers.
How much time do you have? Check out the daily schedules and plan your days at Fringe.
No. If you arrive after the doors have shut and the performance has begun, you will not be admitted. We know you will be upset but the integrity of the performance is important. Besides, the money you spent on that ticket goes directly to an artist, so you should feel good about that.
As a reminder, you must purchase tickets no later than 5 minutes before a performance.
Yep. Browse the shows by pressing the purple “Buy Tickets” button at the top of this page and purchase tickets to the ones that sound good to you.
Each performing group determines their own ticket price. The tickets range from Free – $15. There is a $2 ticket surcharge on all tickets, no matter where they are purchased. This pays for our box office and ticketing solution. 100% of box office ticket sales go directly to the artists in the show for which you purchase tickets.
Yes. The artists themselves decide if they offer a discount and what kind of discount it is. Discounts apply only when purchasing tickets in person at the Fringe Box Office. Discounts are $2 off the regular ticket price.
Patrons are also able to purchase a 10 PACK of show tickets for $150 or a 25 PACK of show tickets for $375 while supplies last.
There is FREE parking (about 500 spaces) within the Loch Haven Park facilities.
It is on a first come, first serve basis. There are limited free parking spaces located along Mills Avenue and Princeton Street.
On weekends, there is also free parking at several of our satellite parking areas, see PARKING for details
There is paid parking at the Parking Garages in the area, they are a short walk from Loch Haven Park.
No parking can happen on the grass or curbs within the park or within any no parking zones.
Allow yourself plenty of time to park, get your tickets and get to your venues.
Show ratings are determined by the artists, not Orlando Fringe. Shows are required to list their warnings.
Remember, Fringe is uncensored we do not stop anyone of any age from entering a performance as long as they have a button and a ticket for that performance.
Ratings are based on the recommended minimum ages as follows:
7 & up
13 & up
18 & up
Artists determine the length of their shows. Most Fringe shows are 60 minutes long. No show exceeds 75 minutes.
Yes. All venues can accommodate for wheelchair needs. Please speak to the Venue Captain to assist you with early seating. You can also visit our accessibility page for more detailed information.
Yes. Vendors offer a wide range of food choices from exotic to traditional. Meat lovers and vegetarians alike will find something to tempt their palate.
Sign up to help us out by filling out the form on our Volunteer Page or emailing our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Sign up to help us out by filling out the form On our Volunteer Page or emailing our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The two shows from each venue who sell the most tickets will be declared PATRON’S PICKS and receive a bonus performance on May 30th (Memorial Day)!
The winners will be announced by Sunday evening or as soon as they can be determined.
The Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival takes place in and around Orlando’s Loch Haven Park.
There are also Bring Your Own Venue (BYOV) locations outside of the park. For 2022, they are The Abbey, Savoy Orlando, and Stardust Lounge.
Orlando Fringe is located in Orlando’s Loch Haven Park. Always make sure to plan for travel time to the festival and between venues because all shows start on time, there is no late entry, and there are no refunds.
WALKING AND CYCLING
Loch Haven Park is right at the end of the Orlando Urban Trail which runs from Lake Estelle Park to the corner of Orange and Magnolia. Cycling to Fringe is super convenient. You don’t have to worry about fighting for a parking spot if you bike it.
Take the SunRail to Florida Hospital Health Village. From there it is a short walk east to Loch Haven Park. A SunRail train comes into the station every 30 minutes. Please check sunrail.com for complete schedules.
There are two bus links that run close to Fringe. Link #102 (Orange Avenue / South 17-92) and Link #125 (Silver Star Road Crosstown) stops are within short walking distance of Fringe. Check golynx.com for complete schedules.
There is FREE parking (about 500 spaces) within the Loch Haven Park facilities. It is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is also a parking garage at Florida Hospital, which is just a short walk to all of our Loch Haven facilities. There is also FREE parking on nights and weekends at the Magruder Eye Institute and Winter Park Urology Center located south on Mills Ave. There are limited free parking spaces located along Mills Avenue and Princeton Street. No parking is allowed on the grass within the park or within any no parking zones. No parking is allowed along any of the curbs. You will be ticketed and towed if you park along any of these curbs. Allow yourself plenty of time to park, get your tickets and get to your venues. May the parking gods be with you.
There’s a great way to get to Fringe without the hassle of parking…ridesharing.
This year we have shuttle buses that will run between our BYOV’s, the Renaissance Theatre and our satellite parking at Lake Highland Prep School event parking at 1203 Alden Road. Please see Getting to Fringe for more bus details.