Everything you need to know to have a happy Fringe
first... please note these festival policies
And commit them to memory
- No Button = No show entry (unless you’re 12 years old or under
- NO LATE ENTRY to show (no exceptions)
- NO REFUNDS are given for any reason other than show cancellation (no exceptions)
- NO TICKET EXCHANGES made (no exceptions)
- No outside food or beverages are allowed inside any venue
- Beverages are allowed in the Lowndes Shakespeare Center venue (Blue, Pink, and Purple)
aka. Don’t be that person, please
- All Fringe shows start on time and once the doors are closed, no entry is allowed. Please give yourself plenty of time to get to your shows. Lines can be long, so buying your tickets online in advance is strongly suggested and encouraged! PLEASE PLAN AHEAD FOR PARKING.
- If a show runs over its allotted time, it will be cut off. We are on a tight schedule with the large number of shows in the festival. Please understand this is rare, but may happen.
- No unapproved photography or video recording devices of any kind allowed in venues.
- Please put all electronic devices to vibrate or power them off in the venues.
- No texting, selifies, check-in’s or anything other than enjoying the show during shows.
- There is no re-entry to venues allowed if you leave during a show.
winter mini-fest questions answered
What does it cost?
- You can enter the Fringe grounds for free! You can explore Visual Fringe and the courtyard for free!
- To see a show you need two things, a $3 reusable Fringe button and a show ticket ($15)
- Cash, check, and credit cards are accepted as donations and we will thank you, very much.
- Cash and credit cards are accepted for show tickets and Visual Fringe purchases.
- Cash is accepted for buttons when purchasing them at any of our information or merchandise tables. You can buy a button with a credit card at any of our festival box office locations.
- Cash and credit cards are accepted at our Beer and Booze Tent.
- There is a $1.25 ticket surcharge for each ticket purchased, regardless of the payment type (this money goes to the ticketing company, not Fringe) at the Festival Box Office OR online.
What are the operating hours of the festival?
- We have three Box Offices for your convenience located throughout the Festival. You may purchase tickets to ANY Venue at ANY of the Box Offices.
- The Main Box Office is located in the upper lobby of the Lowndes Shakespeare Center directly next to the doors to the courtyard. It is open weekdays from 5 PM until 11:30 PM and weekends, 11 AM until Midnight.
- The Festival Grounds open on weekdays at 5 PM and close at Midnight and on weekend, the Festival grounds open at 10 AM and close at 1 AM.
- Visual Fringe is open weekdays from 6 PM until 11 PM and weekends from 11 AM until 11 PM.
- Club Fringe Tent is open weekdays from 6 PM until 11 PM and weekends 11 AM until 11 PM.
- The Beer Tent is open weekdays from 6 PM until Midnight and weekends Noon until 1 AM.
- Food Vendors are open weekdays from 5 PM until Midnight and weekends from 11 AM until Midnight.
- Kids Fringe is open Saturday and Sunday (both weekends) from 10 AM until 2 PM.
Why do I need a Fringe button?
The buttons, which are a one-time purchase, cover our operating costs such as theatre rentals, equipment, supplies, lighting, this very website, and more. The button is also a badge of honor. Wear it proudly to show that you support the creativity and freedom that comes with Fringe.
What shows should I see?
First of all, don’t stress it. We’ve hand-picked the shows at Winter Mini-Fest so we know you’ll love them. Read this website and check out the show descriptions on our ticketing site and our app. Pick the ones that sound good to you. You can also talk to the artists. Talk to people in line. Talk to someone while enjoying a beer at the beer tent. Read the show reviews in Orlando newspapers
Can I be late to a show?
No. If you arrive after the doors have shut and the performance has begun, you will not be admitted. We know you will be upset but the integrity of the performance is important. Besides, the money you spent on the arts, so you should feel good about that.
Can I buy tickets online?
Yep. Browse the shows by pressing the purple “Buy Tickets” button at the top of this page and purchase tickets to the ones that sound good to you.
How much are tickets?
All shows are $15. There is a $1.25 ticket surcharge on all tickets, no matter where they are purchased. This pays for our box office and ticketing solution.
Are any discounts offered?
Members of Club Fringe will be able to purchase a 5 PACK of show tickets for $50 while supplies last.
Is there parking?
There is FREE parking (about 500 spaces) within the Loch Haven Park facilities. It is on a first come, first serve basis. There is limited free parking spaces located along Mills Avenue and Princeton Street. No parking can happen on the grass within the park or within any no parking zones. Allow yourself plenty of time to park, get your tickets and get to your venues.
What are the show ratings and what do they mean?
Show ratings are determined by the artists, not Orlando Fringe. Shows are required to list their warnings. Remember, Fringe is uncensored we do not stop anyone of any age from entering a performance as long as they have a button and a ticket for that performance. Ratings are based on the recommended minimum ages as follows:
How long are shows?
Artists determine the length of their shows. Most Fringe shows are 60 minutes long. No show exceeds 90 minutes.
Are Fringe venues accessible for people with disabilities?
Is there food at Winter Mini-Fest?
Yes. Stay tuned. We will announce our food partner for Winter Mini-Fest soon.
Where is Winter Mini-Fest?
The Orlando Fringe Winter Mini-Fest takes place inside of The Lowndes Shakespeare Center
How do I get to Winter Mini-Fest?
Orlando Fringe is located in Orlando’s Loch Haven Park. Always make sure to plan for travel time to the festival and between venues because all shows start on time, there is no late entry, and there are no refunds.
WALKING AND CYCLING
Loch Haven Park is right at the end of the Orlando Urban Trail which runs from Lake Estelle Park to the corner of Orange and Magnolia. Cycling to Fringe is super convenient. You don’t have to worry about fighting for a parking spot if you bike it.
Take the SunRail to Florida Hospital Health Village. From there it is a short walk east to Loch Haven Park. A SunRail train comes into the station every 30 minutes. Please check sunrail.com for complete schedules.
There are two bus links that run close to Fringe. Link #102 (Orange Avenue / South 17-92) and Link #125 (Silver Star Road Crosstown) stops are within short walking distance of Fringe. Check golynx.com for complete schedules.
There is FREE parking (about 500 spaces) within the Loch Haven Park facilities. It is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is also a parking garage at Florida Hospital, which is just a short walk to all of our Loch Haven facilities. There is also FREE parking on nights and weekends at the Magruder Eye Institute and Winter Park Urology Center located south on Mills Ave. There are limited free parking spaces located along Mills Avenue and Princeton Street. No parking is allowed on the grass within the park or within any no parking zones. No parking is allowed along any of the curbs. You will be ticketed and towed if you park along any of these curbs. Allow yourself plenty of time to park, get your tickets and get to your venues. May the parking gods be with you.
There’s a great way to get to Fringe without the hassle of parking…ridesharing. You can download the Lyft app and use promo code OFRINGE for a special rate for first-time users and they give us five bucks if you use it.