Everything you need to know to have a happy Mini-Fest
first... please note these festival policies
And commit them to memory
- NO LATE ENTRY to to ticketed shows (no exceptions)
- NO REFUNDS are given for any reason other than show cancellation (no exceptions)
- NO TICKET EXCHANGES made (no exceptions)
- No outside food or beverages are allowed inside any venue
aka. Don’t be that person, please
- All Fringe shows start on time and once the doors are closed, no entry is allowed. Please give yourself plenty of time to get to your shows. Lines can be long, so buying your tickets online in advance is strongly suggested and encouraged! PLEASE PLAN AHEAD FOR PARKING.
- No unapproved photography or video recording devices of any kind allowed in venues.
- Please put all electronic devices to vibrate or power them off in the venues.
- No texting, selifies, check-in’s or anything other than enjoying the show during shows.
- There is no re-entry to venues allowed if you leave during a show.
winter mini-fest questions answered
What precautions are you taking for COVID-19 protection?
- Due to the tight protocols that we are following due to COVID-19, you cannot enter the Lowndes Shakespeare Center or Fringe grounds without a paid ticket you have purchased in advance. Sorry but there are not exceptions.
- A mask is required at all times while on Fringe grounds which includes the interior and venues of The Lowndes Shakespeare Center and all outdoor areas, including the courtyard and surrounding grassy areas. Proper wearing of a mask means your mouth and nose must be covered at all times. Failing to follow these standards will result in you being removed from the grounds. No refund will be given.
- You may remove your mask while stationary and consuming food or beverages. The mask must be replaced when not eating or drinking.
- Masks must be worn while taking any photographs.
- To enter the Fringe grounds you must submit to a temperature screening.
- Sanitizer stations will be in areas around the festival, please wash and sanitize your hands often.
- Indoor performance venues will be sanitized after each performance.
What does it cost?
- Online performances are all $10 each.
- A limited number of All-Access passes are available to stream all online performances for $75.
- In-Person Site-Specific shows at $15 each.
- Admission to one day of the Socially Responsible Hangout with nightly show viewing on the Mini-Lawn is $25.
- Kids Fringe performances are $5 each.
- Cash, check, and credit cards are accepted as donations and we will thank you, very much.
- Cash and credit cards are accepted at our Beer and Booze Tent.
- Cash and credit cards are accepted at Ace Cafe
- There is a $1.25 ticket surcharge for each ticket purchased, regardless of the payment type (this money goes to the ticketing company, not Fringe).
What are the operating hours of the festival?
- The Festival Grounds open daily at 6pm and close at Midnight. On Saturday, the grounds will open from 11AM and close again at 1 PM for Kids Fringe events..
- The Beer Tent is open daily from 6 PM until Midnight. Last call will be made thirty minutes before closing.
- Food Vendors are open daily from 6 PM until Midnight and weekends from 11 AM until Midnight.
- Kids Fringe is open Saturday from 10 AM until 1 PM.
What shows should I see?
First of all, don’t stress it. We’ve hand-picked the shows at Winter Mini-Fest so we know you’ll love them. Read this website and check out the show descriptions on our ticketing site. Pick the ones that sound good to you.
Can I be late to a show?
No. If you arrive after the doors have shut and the in-person performance has begun, you will not be admitted. We know you will be upset but the integrity of the performance is important. Besides, the money you spent on the arts, so you should feel good about that.
Can I buy tickets online?
Yep. Browse the shows by pressing the purple “Buy Tickets” button at the top of this page and purchase tickets to the ones that sound good to you.
Are any discounts offered?
There are a limited number of all-access passes for the online events priced at $75.
Is there parking?
There is FREE parking (about 500 spaces) within the Loch Haven Park facilities. It is on a first come, first serve basis. There is limited free parking spaces located along Mills Avenue and Princeton Street. No parking can happen on the grass within the park or within any no parking zones. Allow yourself plenty of time to park, get your tickets and get to your venues.
What are the show ratings and what do they mean?
Show ratings are determined by the artists, not Orlando Fringe. Shows are required to list their warnings. Remember, Fringe is uncensored we do not stop anyone of any age from entering a performance as long as they have a button and a ticket for that performance. Ratings are based on the recommended minimum ages as follows:
How long are shows?
Artists determine the length of their shows. Most Fringe shows are 60 minutes long. No show exceeds 90 minutes.
Is there food at Winter Mini-Fest?
Yes, our friends at Ace Cafe will be back for all four days of the festival.
Where is Winter Mini-Fest?
You can experience the Orlando Fringe Winter Mini-Fest wherever you have an internet connection as we a large number of shows are online for streaming. The in-person events and performances take place inside and in the courtyard area of The Lowndes Shakespeare Center.
How do I get to Winter Mini-Fest?
Orlando Fringe is located in Orlando’s Loch Haven Park. Always make sure to plan for travel time to the festival and between venues because all shows start on time, there is no late entry, and there are no refunds.
WALKING AND CYCLING
Loch Haven Park is right at the end of the Orlando Urban Trail which runs from Lake Estelle Park to the corner of Orange and Magnolia. Cycling to Fringe is super convenient. You don’t have to worry about fighting for a parking spot if you bike it.
Take the SunRail to Florida Hospital Health Village. From there it is a short walk east to Loch Haven Park. A SunRail train comes into the station every 30 minutes. Please check sunrail.com for complete schedules.
There are two bus links that run close to Fringe. Link #102 (Orange Avenue / South 17-92) and Link #125 (Silver Star Road Crosstown) stops are within short walking distance of Fringe. Check golynx.com for complete schedules.
There is FREE parking (about 500 spaces) within the Loch Haven Park facilities. It is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is also a parking garage at Florida Hospital, which is just a short walk to all of our Loch Haven facilities. There is also FREE parking on nights and weekends at the Magruder Eye Institute and Winter Park Urology Center located south on Mills Ave. There are limited free parking spaces located along Mills Avenue and Princeton Street. No parking is allowed on the grass within the park or within any no parking zones. No parking is allowed along any of the curbs. You will be ticketed and towed if you park along any of these curbs. Allow yourself plenty of time to park, get your tickets and get to your venues. May the parking gods be with you.
There’s a great way to get to Fringe without the hassle of parking…ridesharing. You can download the Lyft app and use promo code OFRINGE for a special rate for first-time users and they give us five bucks if you use it.